Blog owners that leverage their blog traffic to create extra income for themselves should definitely consider joining affiliate programs to get the highest earnings. But joining just any affiliate program can lead to wasted time and effort, so finding affiliate programs with the highest payouts is key. Enter WPEngine. WPEngine has an affiliate program that pays incredibly large commissions, helping affiliates to earn a ton of extra money from readers that use WordPress.
If you decide to use WP Engine affiliate program to promote WP Engine hosting, you will be able to earn at least $200 for each new account. Sites that have plenty of traffic can even earn some thousands monthly with only one referral in every three days.
First off, what is WP Engine?
WP Engine is a web hosting company based in Austin, Texas that was founded in 2010 by Jason Cohen. They provide hosting specifically modified for WordPress websites, making the sites incredibly fast, secure, and low maintenance. Today the company runs several data centers that are placed in the United States, United Kingdom as well as Japan.
WP Engine offers fully managed hosting for WordPress sites. The three main benefits of choosing WPEngine are speed, scalability, and security. Every hosting plan is also backed by incredible customer support, provided by highly professional and skilled customer support representatives.
WP Engine offers several plans for different types of user starting from personal plan suitable for beginners, which costs $29 per month. This plan offers one WordPress install, 25,000 visits monthly and 10GB of storage. The next level up, the Professional plan, costs $99 per month and includes ten WP Installs, 100 thousand visits monthly and 20GB of storage. If you want to use the Business Plan you should pay $249 and you will get 25 WP installs, 30 GB of storage and 400 thousand visits per month. All these plans have unlimited data transfer, and are don’t limit users to bandwidth. Lastly, the Enterprise Plan will provide you with more than 25 WP installs, millions of visits and a dedicated environment. This plan is customized to meet user’s needs, and pricing is based on these needs.
Each plan includes some great features such as:
- Git Version Control – This is the only managed hosting platform for WordPress that has Git for version control that is completely integrated with WordPress
- One-Click Restore Points – With WPEngine, users can make restore points with a single click. This way they can take a snapshot of the entire site (database and files) and save it to WPEngine servers
- One-Click Staging Area – Users can create a dev environment before installing new plugins or updates and keep their pages safe
Make money with the WP Engine affiliate program
WPEngine has one of the best affiliate programs in the industry, offering insanely large payouts and click tracking that is second to none. Web hosting is one of the most popular and demanded services in the blogging industry, which makes WP Engine very alluring to promote. In addition to these plans practically selling themselves, WPEngine affiliates will enjoy:
- Generous payouts – As mentioned earlier, WPEngine guarantees affiliates payouts of at least $200 per referral, which makes these payouts among the highest in this industry. You can get even higher commissions depending on the type of customer you refer. If customers that you have referred sign up for other plans besides the Personal Plan, you will get 100% of the first month’s payment. This means that you have an opportunity to make notably more per signup than $200.
- Monthly payments – The great thing about the WP Engine affiliate program is that commissions are paid monthly. A minimum payout limit is $50, but because the minimum commission rate is $200/referral, you will get paid every time you make a sale.
- Trustworthy affiliate system – The WPEngine affiliate program is managed by ShareASale, which is one of the most trusted affiliate networks in the industry. This third party affiliate model offers a lot of information and statistics on which pages are generating your commission fees, allowing you to make the most of your affiliate resources. In addition, ShareASale is updated regularly, meaning affiliates will always be able to keep up with trends and standards as they change.
- Bonus Commissions – Besides basic commissions, WPEngine often times incentivize affiliates with earn additional payouts. Those payouts are usually very large, and are offered to affiliates who have referred more than one customer a month. For example you will get additional $50 earnings for every signup that has been made by someone who signed up via one of your links.
- Tracking cookies that last – Those cookies are there to ensure that you will get your commissions. They don’t expire so you can get commissions even if potential customer that you refer makes his/her decision several months later.
- Speed Tool Tracking – Users have the possibility to redirect visitors to WP Engine’s speed testing tool as an additional way to sell potential customers on WPEngine’s benefits. This tool shows the speed improvement that potential customers will upgrade to so they can discover how much WPEngine will help them. This is a good way to promote their services and gain more referrals.
- Split-Tested Banners – WP Engine constantly tests their display ads so you don’t have to take the time to do so yourself. This way you will know which banner performs the best. However, if you have a tried and true method or promotional material, you can use these too.
- Periodical promotions — WP Engine usually offers amazing discount coupons or even general deals on Black Friday or during New Year, Christmas or a few other holidays. You can take advantage of these promotions and put more effort in reaching a lot of potential WPEngine customers. This can encourage more people to use this hosting provider, and you will earn more.
What to keep in mind
You should keep in mind that WP engine has limited audience since it is created for WordPress users and its hosting isn’t cheap. If someone runs small personal or non-business site, it’s usually not very affordable to pay for this type of hosting. This host provider should be recommended to the people that can really make some benefits from it. However, the market for managed WordPress hosting is growing at a massive rate, so promoting WPEngine hosting could make you a TON of money if you find the right audience.
If you are ready to get started, sign up to become part of the WPEngine affiliate program. It is free to join, so you have nothing to lose!