Sales management by function it is a very difficult role. Ask the sales manager to take a group of individual shareholders and make it a team environment where each team member has to achieve results. Check out the below tips of SOP for Sales Management
Also Read: SOP for Publicity Marketing
- Review of target on daily basis and breakup the target at division level at your end.
- Manager should check that all the merchandise should be stacked or hanged with proper rate tag and in presentable order.
- Every week you have to highlight different items inside your store by looking at your target sheet (whichever counter is weak Display)
- Managers must interact with the customers and apprise them about companies manufacturing units and its policies and also train the sales staff about the same.
- Customers convenience should be on the top priority as he enters into the store; i.e. attending him properly and by leaving his purchased material to his vehicle (Welcome & Thanks).
- Every complaint of the customers should be dealt with great concern and importance.
- Manager should keep an eagle’s eye , which counter running weak and which sales man is not performing well and take action to improve the same.
Evening Meeting for 10 minutes on following Agenda:
- Review of Targets
- Appreciation of those who have done well
- Identify weak counters and action plan to achieve Target Manager should maintain the following registers in complete order a all point on time such as:
- Inspection Register
- Publicity Register
- Institutional Register
- Visitors Book (only for VIP guest)
- Target Sheet Records
- Counter Stock Register
More Tips to SOP for Sales Management
- Send monthly appraisal report of all salesmen.
- Check the no. of footfall in your Stores and its conversion rate (Avg. Bill Amount and no. of bills)
- DaiIy action on items giving sales below 1% of total sale.
- Manager should keep sweets in his pocket and distribute to the visiting kids to the store.
- It has been observed that Proper Handling/Taking over is not been done between the Manager on their relive. The Handling/Taking over will be done properly and reported to this HO (Audit Department).