If you are looking for a Sidecar promo code, you have come to the right place. Sidecar is one of the three major players in the ridesharing game. While they are not quite as big as Uber or Lyft, Sidecar sets itself apart by using a unique pricing model that allows users to set their own prices and get matched with a driver before they request a ride. Unlike its competitors, there is no Surge pricing. There is just transparent, straight-forward pricing and the assurance you will know what your ride will cost up front.
Free $10 Sidecar Promo Code For 2015
How to redeem a Sidecar promo code
Redeeming a Sidecar promo code is very easy, and can be done in just a few steps.
1. Download the Sidecar app
2. Navigate to the “Account” section.
3. Tap the “Add Promo Code” button.
4. Enter promo code 4YOU, and watch the credit apply itself!
Complete list of Sidecar new user codes
This is a complete list of Sidecar promo codes. While currently we do not have any Sidecar promo codes for existing users, they may become available soon. We update this list every time we find a code, so check back often as it may change!
Why Choose The Sidecar Ridesharing App?
If you are new to using the Sidecar app and are wondering what the hype is, read on. Sidecar allows users to rid themselves of taxi cabs and request a ride straight from their smartphone. This is not only convenient, but also cheaper than a taxi and often times a lot more fun too. When you request a driver, you will get picked up by a person just like you; down to earth, fun, and there to help you – not just make a few bucks. These people love what they do, which adds even more to the experience.
Where does Sidecar operate?
Sidecar is currently available in the following cities:
- San Francisco, CA
- Oakland/Bay Area
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Long Beach, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Washington, DC.
- Charlotte, NC
Sidecar is being very strategic in their growth, and testing the waters in certain cities and states before expanding to the surrounding areas. This helps them gain immense traction without over leveraging themselves. Yes, they are being outgrown by Lyft and Uber, but in the process they are establishing a very loyal customer base.
Advantages of the Sidecar app
- Convenient rides with the touch of a button – What is better than pressing a button and having somebody come get you? Well, your mom’s apple pie. But not much else.
- Set your own pricing – You can get cheaper rates on rides by negotiating with drivers and setting your own prices
- No Surge or Prime Time pricing – You won’t have to worry about draining your bank on outrageous fares. Pricing is straightforward and not highly variable
- Cheaper than a taxi – Ridesharing services are often about 20% less than a taxi, meaning you will get both convenience AND savings
Disadvantages of the Sidecar app
- Not as big as Lyft and Uber – You may have to wait a while for a ride because there are not as many drivers as there are for Lyft and Uber
- Not available in many cities – Sidecar users can enjoy the service in select cities, but an expansion would be nice
- No Happy Hour pricing – Lyft offers discounted rates during “Happy Hour” when times are slow. Sidecar has a standard pricing model that really doesn’t change much.
Get more free rides with the Sidecar Referral program
As a way to get inexpensive marketing and use their customer base as guerilla marketers, Sidecar has implemented a referral program. The program awards ride credit to existing Sidecar users for every new rider they refer. When the referral signs up for the app and takes a ride, the referrer gets $5 in ride credit. If you are a driver and refer a new rider, you get $10 in cash.
Referring people to the app is very easy. Just take the referral code that Sidecar emails you, which you can also find in the “Account” section of the app, and share it with friends. You can put it on social media, a personal blog, or simply tell people about it. When they use your code and take a ride, you get paid!
Note – free ride credit usually only lasts 30 days, so make sure to use the free rides that you get before they expire. It would be a shame to put in work referring people and not get anything in return!
New and Unique Feature – Sidecar Deliveries
A new feature that Sidecar has recently launched is a same-day package delivery service that is being called Sidecar Deliveries. Sidecar has gotten creative and leveraged their existing technology in order to get business deliveries to their destinations the same day they are shipped.
The company advertises the service as quick, reliable, affordable, and highly scalable. Clients include printers, shippers, office clerks, technology geeks, and food order businesses, just to name a few. These clients are able to ship prepared and hot foods, groceries and fresh foods, retail and eCommerce items, as well as cater to the needs of people in the service and intangible business.
This spin-off will help establish Sidecar as a major player in both the ridesharing and shipping game, and finally put them in the ranks of Uber and Lyft.
If you like Sidecar, but already used your new user promo code, check out the two other popular ridesharing services Lyft and Uber. You can get a new user ride credit by downloading the apps and selecting one of the codes from below. These codes will give you a free ride credit ranging from $10 to $30, depending on the promotion they are running at time of download.