Here is a short definition of Sales Orientation: A business approach or philosophy that focuses on promoting sales of whatever a company makes or supplies, through marketing. Via
- Review of target on daily basis and breakup the target at division level at your end.
- Every week you have to highlight different items inside your store by looking at your target sheet (whichever counter is weak – Display) and change the V.M. of the store.
- Managers must interact with the customers and apprise them about companies manufacturing units and its policies and also train the sales staff about the same.
- Every complaint of the customer should be dealt with great concern and importance.
- Manager should keep an eagle’s eye, which counter is running weak and which sales man is not performing well and take action to improve the same.
- Morning & Evening meeting for 10 minutes on following agenda:
- Review of Targets
- Appreciation of those who have done well
- Identify weak counters and action plan to achieve Target.
Manager should maintain the following registers in complete
order at all point of time:
- Inspection Register
- Publicity Register
- Institutional Register
- Visitors Book (only for VIP guest)
- Target Sheet Records
- Counter Stock register
- Send weekly appraisal report of all salesmen.
Check the no. of footfall in your Stores and its conversion rate (Avg. Bill Amount and no. of bills)
- Daily action on items giving sales below 1% of total sale.
- Manager should keep sweets in his pocket and distribute to the visiting kids to the store.
- The sales team has to give honest suggestions to customers for right selection.
- Complementary products e.g (SHIRT + TIE, SHOES +SOCKs.. etc.) Should be displayed together at the particular counter.
- Focus on upselling, cross selling, and referral selling to increase basket size.
- Focus and plan seasonal products timely to get the extra sale benefit.
- Convince the customer by telling the benefits and the features of the particular product.
- Update yourself and team with proper training and empowerment time to time.
Examples of a Sales-Oriented Business
Business sales orientation significantly different market-oriented business. That, professional and adjunct professor of marketing at Rutgers University and College ended, he explains that sales-oriented business approach defines several characteristics that distinguish it from a business oriented market.
These include the need for aggressive selling methods, a tendency to take short and long term, the need for heavy promotion and the assumption that consumers will buy the product if the company does.
One examples is oriented sales business online internet marketing company trying to sell to consumers any number of different products. This could be, for example, a business trying to sell software to consumers and other businesses to meet their needs.
These types of businesses to create products that are based on the assumption that the product will meet the needs of the business or individual, whether they expressed the need for a product or not.
Business to Business Sales
Business-to-business sales also provide another example of sales oriented business approach. Companies to develop products that may benefit from the business and then rely heavily on aggressive marketing tactics to sell them.
Examples of products sold in the type of market that can include advertising sales or technologies such as point of sale software and machines that will allow the business to run more efficiently and profitably.
Chances are the business owner was not initially looking for the product, but did so because the salesman showed him any benefit to buying it.
Door to Door Sales
More business-oriented model traditionally sales that is similar to a business model business is door to door sales method that some companies rely on selling their products.
These companies allegedly created a product that can demonstrate excellent home and will try to show the potential consumer how it will benefit her in the long run.
For example, a sales person who sold the “big vacuum cleaner in the world” may try to sell the product housewife who has a toddler crawling on the dirty carpet.